6 chicken pieces (2 thighs, 2 legs and 2 wings)
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
4 cups cornflakes
1 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons Spanish paprika
Sea salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place a rack in a roasting pan or on a baking sheet.
2. Rinse the chicken in cold water; pat dry and season chicken
3. Dredge each piece of chicken in flour
4. Crush the cornflakes by placing them in a big resealable plastic bag
5. In a large bowl, mix the buttermilk, mustard, cayenne pepper, paprika and then roll in the cornflake crumbs
6. Arrange the chicken pieces on the rack and place in the hot oven.
7. Cook for 120 minutes, lower heat to 375 degrees, cook for another 25 minutes until cooked through and crispy. The juices should run clear when the meat is pierced with a knife.
Boot Hill Saloon & Grill
909 Vega Blvd. Vega
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.