Kale with Bacon &Provolone
3 pounds fresh kale
5 strips raw bacon, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
1 small red onion, chopped
1 cup provolone cheese
1 small loaf french bread
1. In a small sauté pan, add chopped bacon and cook until slightly crispy
2. Add red onion and sauté
3. Add garlic and kale and sauté until kale is completely wilted
4. Right before serving, add provolone cheese and toss gently until cheese starts melting
5. Top with bread crumbs and serve warm
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Slice bread, oil both sides and season with Cajun
3. Bake until bread is crisp, place in food processor or crumble with hands
Apple Potato HashIngredients:
3 large potatoes, cubed
2 apples, cubed
1/2 a onion, diced
2 cups smoked sausage, diced
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
Sea salt and fresh-cracked pepper
1 tablespoon honey
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees; coat potatoes with olive oil and place on nonstick baking sheet. Cook until potatoes are cooked through and start to turn gold
2. In a large sauté pan or shallow pot, add a little olive oil and heat to medium heat. Add diced onions and sauté five minutes.
3. Add apples and sausage and sauté until apples are tender. Add nutmeg to mixture while cooking.
4. Add honey
5. Once potatoes are cooked, add them to pan with apple mixture and stir together. Finish with chopped parsley. Season with S&P and serve warm.
Boot Hill Saloon & Grill
909 Vega Blvd. Vega
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.