Rory's Summertime Grilled Watermelon & Cantaloupe Salad with Citrus VinaigretteSalad:
1 pound seedless watermelon, medium dice (Do not discard watermelon rind-- cut in a way you can re-use as bowls.)
2 cups arugula
1 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
2 large heirloom tomatoes, diced
1 red onion, very thinly sliced
1/2 cantaloupe, sliced 1/2 inch thick leaving a fine rind on
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 lemon juice from
1 lime juice from and zest
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 cup olive oil
1. Dice watermelon and tomatoes.
2. Place in large bowl and lightly season with sea salt and set aside.
3. Pre-heat grill or grill pan with olive oil. Then sear cantaloupe on both sides to create grill marks. Remove from grill and drizzle with honey.
4. In a shaker or bowl, whisk together olive oil, juice from the lemon and lime, pepper and rendered juices from watermelon and tomatoes. Blend well season with sea salt to taste.
5. Add arugula to the bowl of watermelon and tomatoes. Toss gently with citrus vinaigrette.
6. Add crumbled cheese. Toss gently and serve.
7. Garnish with a slice of grilled cantaloupe.
Find More of Rory's Tips & Recipes at: