1 pound Driscoll's Strawberries
1.5 cups sugar
6 fully cooked biscuits
2 cups vegetable oil
2 cups heavy cream
1 vanilla bean
zest of lemon
1/2 cup Liquor 43 (optional)
1. Wash Driscoll's berries; dry, remove stems and quarter
2. Place in bowl; top with Liquor 43 and 1/4 cup sugar. Refrigerate until later.
3. Heat oil in large pot to 350 degrees
4. While oil is heating, in a refrigerated metal bowl, add cold cream, 1/2 cup sugar and scrape vanilla bean into cream.
5. Using an electric mixer, mix heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add zest of lemon and lime. Mix until medium to hard peaks are formed; refrigerate until ready to use.
6. Split biscuits in half and fry in pre-heated oil for 3 minutes. Remove from oil and toss in bowl with remainder of sugar. Once biscuits are coated with sugar, place on paper towels to drain remaining grease from biscuits
7. Let biscuits cool to room temperature. Place a dollop of whipped cream on plate. Place 1/2 a biscuit on top of cream, then top biscuit with quartered strawberries then more cream.
8. Place remaining half of biscuit on top and add more quartered Driscoll's Strawberries for garnish.
Find More of Rory's Tips & Recipes at:
Boot Hill Saloon & Grill
909 Vega Blvd. Vega
Rich Fleetwood is in the kitchen making creative cocktails that all…
Whip up this tasty meal on a busy weeknight or any night!
Cook with confidence and make your own mozzarella!