1 bunch asparagus, shaved on a mandolin or very thinly sliced
1/2 head frisée, torn in bite-sized pieces
1 small head radhico, sliced thin
2 14 oz. cans hearts of palm, cut in 1/4 in. slices
fresh shaved Parmesan cheese
For the Vinaigrette:
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
½ small shallot, fine dice
1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
zest of 1/2 an orange
2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan
sea salt & black pepper
1. First, make the vinaigrette. Combine the oil, vinegar, shallots and grated Parmesan in bowl
2. Whisk until mixture is well combined and emulsified.
3. Season with about 1/4 tsp.of salt and a few twists of pepper.
4. Shave asparagus with a potato peeler length-wise; place in large bowl
5. Add frisée, hearts of palm and shallot in a large bowl.
6. Toss with the vinaigrette until everything is well coated.
7. Divide between plates and zest orange over top and fresh shaved Parmesan
8. Garnish with edible flowers if available
Find More of Rory's Tips & Recipes at:
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.