1 pound ground beef
1 large onion half diced half, sliced
8 oz button mushroom
2 cups beef broth
1/2 cup Texas Whiskey
1/3 a cup green chilies, chopped
1/2 cup bread crumbs
3 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon steak seasoning
Salt and pepper
1. In a large bowl combine ground beef, green chilies, chopped onions, bread crumbs, egg and steak seasoning. Mix well and form into four patties.
2. Add one tablespoon butter to sauté pan; add patties and brown on each side. Once browned, remove from pan. Add remaining butter and onions and sauté until translucent.
3. Add mushrooms; cook until slightly soft.
4. Stir in flour and cook for 3 minutes.
5. Add whiskey (be careful whiskey will flair up); once flame goes out, add beef broth and let simmer for 5 minutes
6. Return beef patties to broth and finish cooking until broth has thickened to a rich gravy.
7. Season with salt and pepper serve with some mashed potatoes.
Chef note: To make it extra special, top it with a fried egg.
Boot Hill Saloon & Grill
909 Vega Blvd. Vega
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.