5 potatoes (peeled and boiled until fork tender)
1/2 cup milk
1 stick of butter
6 pieces of bacon
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons chopped green onion or jalapeño (optional)
vegetable oil for frying
1 cup flour
salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix potatoes, milk and butter together with blender until smooth-- let cool.
2. Chop bacon and cook in a medium pan until crispy. Then drain 1/2 the fat/grease.
3. Add bacon and fat/grease to potatoes. Then add sour cream and cheese to potatoes. Combine well (add green onion or jalapeños if desired).
4. Form desired size balls with potato mixture.
5. Pre-heat oil to 350 degrees.
6. Dredge potato balls int flour, then cover in beer batter. Carefully place tater balls into pre-heated oil.
7. Fry until golden brown. Place on paper towel to drain excess oil.
8. Serve with ranch dressing.
1 shiner bock
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
1. Sift 1 cup flour into bowl. Add Cajun seasoning and slowly stir in Shiner Bock beer. Keep refrigerated until use.
Find More of Rory's Tips & Recipes at: