Tabaka is a famous Russian dish. It doesn't need any sophisticated spices, just salt and pepper, but the taste of this chicken is really delicious. Serve Tabaka with garlic sauce.
2 Cornish hens
4 Tbsp melted butter
1 clove garlic
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Salt & pepper
1. Take a clean chicken, make a cut longwise the stomach, unfold it and beat it to make carcass flat.
2. Tuck in legs and press wings to the back.
3. Rub chicken with garlic, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper on both sides.
4. Heat the pan with melted butter, then put the chicken in. Cover and then place a weight on the covered chicken. (A clean brick works great.)
5. Cook on average heat for 15 minutes; turn the chicken over and cook for other 15 minutes. Turn heat to low and cook until done.
½ cup chicken broth
4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
¼ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon paprika
Dash of cayenne pepper
1.While hens are cooking, prepare garlic sauce.
2. Heat chicken broth in a small saucepan.
3. With a mortar and pestle, mash garlic with salt into a creamy paste.
4. Whisk garlic into chicken broth along with paprika and cayenne.
5. Pour over chicken after cooked.
Boot Hill Saloon & Grill
909 Vega Blvd. Vega