Rosemary Marinated Flank Steak
1 1/2 pounds hanger or flank steaks, cut into four 6-ounce steaks
1 cup olive oil
6 one-inch pieces rosemary sprigs
freshly ground pepper
6 large garlic cloves, sliced
coarse sea salt
1. In a medium pot heat oil, add rosemary let simmer slowly for 5 minutes. Then add garlic and simmer 5 more minutes.
2. Remove from heat and let steep at room temp for two hours.
3. Slice flank steak into strips. Leave skewers to soak over night in water.
4. Season flank steak with salt and pepper.
5. Add sliced flank steak to oil and let marinate overnight in refrigerator.
6. When ready to cook, remove a hour prior to cooking from refrigerator and bring to room temperature.
7. Place each piece of meat on skewer.
8. Preheat grill to 350 degrees.
9. Cook flank steak just under desired temperature let sit a few minutes before serving. Finish with a sprinkle of coarse sea salt and serve with dipping sauce.
Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
2 cups sour cream
1 1/2 cups crumbled blue cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together and let sit over night. Add more cream to thin out sauce if needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Find More of Rory's Tips & Recipes at: