Oatmeal Cookie Granola
5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 1/2 cups macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
1 stick butter
1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 cup applesauce
small white chocolate chips (optional add after granola is cooked)
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. In a very large bowl, mix together the oats, macadamia nuts, 1/2 cup brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and salt.
3. In a small saucepan, melt butter and add 1 cup brown sugar and apple sauce
4. Mix the brown sugar mixture into the dry ingredients until thoroughly dispersed, then divide and spread the mixture evenly on two baking sheets.
5. Bake the granola for about 45 minutes, stirring every ten minutes and until the granola is deep golden brown.
6. Remove from oven, then cool completely.
7. Store the granola in a large, airtight container.
Boot Hill Saloon & Grill
909 Vega Blvd. Vega