3 green tomatoes
2 cups Italian bread crumbs
1 cup flour
2 cups vegetable oil
1 cup shredded Pecorino Romano cheese
5 slices maplewood smoked bacon
6 shrimp, cleaned
1. Slice tomatoes about ¼ of a inch thick. Season with Cajun seasoning and set aside.
2. Mix together egg and milk for egg wash.
3. Heat oil in large skillet to 325 degrees.
4. Dredge tomatoes in flour, then egg wash and then Italian bread crumbs.
5. Place into hot oil until golden brown and flip over until both sides are golden brown.
6. Place on plate with paper towels to soak up extra oil.
7. Chop raw bacon into bits, place in a hot pan and cook until crispy. Remove from pan once crispy and place on paper towels.
8. Season shrimp with Cajun seasoning.
9. Using 2 tablespoons of reserved bacon fat, reheat pan to medium heat and add shrimp. Cook on each side until opaque.
10. Preheat broiler to 400 degrees
11. Place fried green tomatoes on a cookie sheet. Top with shrimp and then Pecorino Romano cheese.
12. Place under broiler until cheese starts to melt. Remove and top with crispy bacon bits.
13. Serve with a spicy ranch dressing (Simple cheat way: Sriracha and ranch).
Find More of Rory's Tips & Recipes at: