Mom's Chicken and Sausage
1/4 cup olive oil
1 pound chicken thighs
1 pound sweet Italian sausage
4 onions, quartered
4 sweet Italian peppers
1/2 tablespoon oregano
1/3 cup white wine
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1/4 cup pepperocini juice
10 mushrooms, cut in halves
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 orange bell pepper, sliced
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large sauté pan add 2 tablespoons olive oil.
3. Add onions and sweet peppers and sauté for five minutes.
4. Place onions and peppers into large roasting pan.
5. Set sauté pan aside for later.
6. Season chicken thighs and add them to onions and peppers. Cut sausage into 1 inch pieces and add to pan.
7. Drizzle olive oil over chicken, sausage, pepper and onions.
8. Season with Cajun seasoning, garlic powder and oregano. Add white wine to pan.
9. Cover and roast for 20 minutes, then add pickling juice from pepperocini.
10. Sover and continue cooking for 15 more minutes, basting chicken and sausage.
11. Take cover off and let finish cooking. While cooking use same sauté pan from before and add remaining olive oil.
12. On medium heat, heat oil and add mushrooms and pepperocini peppers. Sauté until slightly tender. Season with Cajun seasoning.
13. Once chicken is cooked through, remove pan from oven and top with mushrooms and pepperocini peppers.
14. Serve hot with a great Chardonnay.
Boot Hill Saloon & Grill
909 Vega Blvd. Vega