2 cups sifted powdered sugar
1/4 lb butter, softened
2 large eggs
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 (9 inch) pie crusts, baked
1 cup shaved coconut, optional
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 cup canned crushed pineapple in syrup; drain 1/2 of syrup
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon butter
Maraschino cherries, optional
1 dark chocolate bar, optional
1. Cream 2 cups powdered sugar and butter with electric mixer until fluffy.
2. Add eggs, salt and vanilla.
3. Beat until light and fluffy.
4. Spread mixture evenly into baked pie crusts.
5. Place into refrigerator and chill
6. With electric whisk, whip cream until stiff add 1/2 cup powdered sugar
7. In a sauté pan, add 1 tablespoon butter, pecans and sugar; sauté until sugar is melted and pecans are sugar coated. Remove from sauté pan; spread onto non-stick pan and let cool.
8. Gently fold pineapple, candied pecans and shaved coconut; reserve a little for the top into whipped cream
9. Spread mixture on top of filling and chill thoroughly.
Find More of Rory's Tips & Recipes at:
Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.