1 pound left over steak, cut into ½ in. epics
1 large russet potato, peeled and cut into ½ in. pieces
2 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 small white onion, finely chopped
1 stalk celery, finely chopped
1 tbsp. flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 tsp. rosemary, finely chopped
2 tbsp. ketchup
1/2 tablespoon Worchestire sauce
½ tsp. hot sauce, such as Tabasco
chopped jalapeño or Green chilies (optional)
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 sunny-side-up egg
1. Heat oven to 450°. Boil potatoes in a 2-qt. saucepan of salted water until tender, 5-10 minutes. Drain, transfer to a bowl, and mash slightly, leaving some diced pieces intact.
2. Heat butter in 8" nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add onions and celery. Cook for 2 minutes or until slightly translucent.
4. Add onions and celery to potatoes.
5. Add beef, parsley, rosemary, ketchup, hot sauce, worchestire and salt and pepper; stir to combine. Return pan to medium-high heat; add potato mixture, and using spatula, form into cake.
6. Cook without stirring, until browned or about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to oven; cook until top is browned or about 15 to 20 minutes more.
7. Place on plate. Garnish with egg and grilled bread.
Find More of Rory's Tips & Recipes at: