Filet Mignon over Goat Cheese Wasabi Mashed Potatoes
2 6 ounce cleaned CAB filet mignon
4 potatoes, medium, diced
2 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon wasabi powered (add more to taste)
1 tablespoon goat cheese
1. Oil and season meat with steak seasoning and set to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
2. Preheat grill, cook filets on each side for approximately 5 minutes for medium rare.
3. In a medium pot add chicken broth and potatoes. Let potatoes cook in broth until fork tender.
4. Drain 3/4 of liquid add, butter and mash until smooth adding milk as you needed. Once smooth, gently fold in wasabi and goat cheese.
5. Keep warm.
3 cups Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
2 cups green or purple cabbage, thinly sliced
1 large carrot, shredded
½ red pepper, thinly julienne
4 green onions, chopped
1 package Ramen Noodles, crush noodles
1 tablespoon sesame seeds for garnish
1 lime, juiced
¼ cup olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ginger, freshly grated
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 lime, juiced
1/2 orange, juiced
1. Shred vegetables. If you don't have a mandolin you can use a cheese grater.
2. Combine all vegetables in a bowl. Do not put Ramen and sesame seeds into salad mix.
3. In a bowl or jar you can shake, mix together dressing ingredients. Shake or whisk well.
4. Toss slaw mix with dressing and gently toss with Ramen noodle pieces. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Alzheimer's Association Presents:
Blondes vs. Brunettes
- 1 p.m.
- Amarillo Civic Center