- Fresh Chicken (skinless breast or tenderloin) and Beef (sirloin steak) - cubed, fresh deveined shrimp
- Fresh bell peppers (all colors), squash, zucchini, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes
- Fresh pineapple and peaches (cut into small chunks)
- Skewers (metal work great on the grill or bamboo)
- Herbs & spices (we love McCormick Grill Mates Worcestershire Pub Burger)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Worcestershire sauce
Clean everything while keeping the raw meat separate from the raw produce. Place the chicken, beef, and shrimp in individual bowls with their own set of tongs or a fork. Place cleaned and cubed raw produce on a tray or each in their own bowls with tongs or a fork. Place olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, and spices at the end of the line to season your food before the ka-bob goes on the grill. Cook on the grill until meat reaches an internal temp of 165 for chicken, 155 for beef (medium), and until shrimp has opaque pearl color. Veggies and fruit should have nice grill marks or a bit of a charred appearance.
*TIP: I encourage guests in our home to make a chicken, shrimp, or beef ka-bobs separate rather than putting the meats on the same skewer. This will help ensure my chicken gets thoroughly cooked without over-cooking my steak or shrimp. This will also help prevent cross contamination.
Plan for about 2-3 skewers per adult and 1-2 skewers per child.
We typically cook a large amount of brown rice in the crock pot and once the ka-bobs are done people get a spoonful of rice and then top it with the fresh off the grill ka-bob! This is an easy, fast, and fun way to involve everyone this holiday!
Get More Recipes:
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.