Staying active at any age is important, but as we age, getting to the gym or running several miles just isn't in the cards anymore. Amy Wagner from the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service has some ways to stay active, safely.
Staying Active Helps
· Staying active at all ages is important
· Staying active will help you maintain endurance, strength, balance and flexibility.
· Maintaining balance with help improve reflexes to decrease falls.
· Exercise will help prevent and regulate diabetes
· Increasing flexibility will help with joint range of motion and functional movement.
· Exercise will also help to improve cardiovascular strength
Low Impact Exercise Classes
- Tuesday & Thursday
- 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
Copyright 2014 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.