1 small pumpkin, roasted with E.V.O.O and salt & pepper
1 miniature pumpkin
2 cup heavy cream
1 cup grated Parmigiana
1 pound black forest ham or brown sugar glazed ham, cubed
1 onion, diced
1 pound squid ink pasta (if available), cooked as directions suggest
Salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350, skin small pumpkin, remove seeds and cube. Coat in olive oil and season. Place on baking sheet and roast until fork tender
2. In a medium sauce pan, heat oil. Add chopped onion and cubed black forest ham. Saute a few minutes, lower heat and add garlic and heavy cream.
3. Once pumpkin is fork tender, remove from oven and place in a blender. Slowly add chicken broth until a thick consistency forms but very smooth.
4. Add pumpkin puree to heavy cream. Add Parmigiana cheese and let simmer until sauce thickens
5. Place black pasta on plate and spoon sauce over pasta creating a Halloween spectacular dish
6. Hollow out miniature pumpkin and fill with Parmesan cheese. For topping, place pumpkin lid back on top for a great looking dish. Add bitters to one side of glass and serve.
Boot Hill Saloon & Grill
909 Vega Blvd. Vega