SANTA FE -- The New Mexico Department of Healths Clovis Public Health Office is hosting a flu shot clinic tomorrow from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Wheatfields Senior Living Community, 4701 N. Prince in Clovis.
The immunization clinics are open to the public and free of charge.
People who should get a flu shot:
- Children 6 months through 4 years of age
- Pregnant women (any trimester)
- People age 50 and older
- People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions like asthma, diabetes, lung or
- heart disease, and those who are immunocompromised
- People who live in nursing homes and other long‐term care facilities
- People who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu
- American Indians and Alaskan Natives
- People who are morbidly obese
- Healthcare and early childhood personnel
People in these groups should also consider seeing their health care provider to be evaluated
for antiviral medication if they develop flu symptoms.
Copyright 2013 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.