Amarillo Fire Department is looking into what might have caused a fire on September 14 in a room at a retirement home.
Around 8:30 p.m., AECC learned a heating pad had caught fire inside a room on the first floor of Independence Village.
The floor was evacuated as a precaution.
There was someone inside the room.
She was rescued by fire crews and taken to Northwest Texas Healthcare Systems with what appeared to be non life threatening injuries.
The fire was under control around 8:35 p.m.
Copyright 2013 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.