(KHQ) It was a scary night for a north Idaho family recently as they woke up to find their home on fire.
A smoke alarm alerted Jason Burns and his family to a fire in their living room. They were able to get out of the home and his father was able to knock down the fire with a fire extinguisher.
Luckily, everyone was safe and the smoke and fire damage was limited to the living room.
When Kootenai County firefighters arrived they began the overhaul process and the investigation into what started the fire. Initially, the were unable to find the source. Finally investigators focused on an electronic cigarette that was plugged into a laptop on a coffee table in the living room.
Copyright 2013 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.