WASHINGTON, D.C. -- PFP Enterprises, a Fort Worth company, is recalling approximately 15,865 pounds of beef products because they may be contaminated with several types of E. coli.
The following products are subject to FSIS recall:
- 10.5-lb. boxes of Beef Outside Skirt Steak, with a pack date of 12/13/13
- 20-lb. boxes of Studio Movie Grill Beef Tenderloin Sliced, with a pack date of 12/05/13
- 15-lb. boxes of Preseasoned Beef for Fajita, with a use by date of 1/13/14
- 40-lb. boxes of Southwest Style Beef Skirts, with a pack date of 12/5/13
- 20-lb. boxes of Patterson Food Processors Beef Skirt Seasoned, with a pack date of 12/9/13
- 10-lb. boxes of Preseasoned Beef for Fajitas, with a pack date of 12/9/2013
- 40-lb. boxes of Preseasoned Beef for Fajitas w/Binder, with a pack date of 12/9/2013
- 12-lb. boxes of Seasoned Beef for Fajitas, containing 6 2-lb. packs, with a use by date of 1/15/14
- 12-lb. boxes of Mexican Style Beef for Fajita, containing 6 2-lb. packs, with a use by date of 1/11/14
The products were produced on Dec. 5, 2013, and distributed to retail stores and restaurants in Arizona, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico and Texas.
Food Safety Tips:
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water for at least 20 seconds before and after handling raw meat and poultry. Wash cutting boards, dishes and utensils with hot, soapy water. Immediately clean spills.
- Keep raw meat, fish and poultry away from other food that will not be cooked. Use separate cutting boards for raw meat, poultry and egg products and cooked foods.
- Color is NOT a reliable indicator that meat has been cooked to a temperature high enough to kill harmful bacteria.
- The only way to be sure the meat or poultry is cooked to a high enough temperature to kill harmful bacteria is to use a thermometer to measure the internal temperature.
- Fish: 145°F
- Beef, pork, lamb chops/steaks/roasts: 145°F with a three minute rest time
- ground meat: 160°F
- poultry: 165°F
- hot dogs: 160°F or steaming hot
- Refrigerate raw meat and poultry within two hours after purchase or one hour if temperatures exceed 90º F. Refrigerate cooked meat and poultry within two hours after cooking.
Copyright 2014 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.