(KGW) An Oregon fireworks vendor who lost his arm in a Fourth of July accident is sharing his story in hopes of helping others avoid a tragedy.
In 2010 Ray Lueders was gearing up for his family's annual barbecue and fireworks show.
"That was going to be the biggest Fourth of July celebration we've ever had," he said.
But in a blink of an eye, the night turned tragic.
Lueders was cleaning out a set of small cannons, used to launch fireworks, with a cordless drill, when one of them that was still filled with gunpowder from a New Year's Eve exploded.
Copyright 2014 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.