This dish concept was created by Daniel Humm and served
table side at his restaurant Eleven Madison in NYC.
What you mix in is what makes the dish.
6 large carrots, with stems on
1 tablespoon apple mustard
1 tablespoon pickled ginger
1 tablespoon fresh grated horseradish
1 tablespoon chopped black olives
1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
1 teaspoon orange zest
1 tablespoon pickled chopped red onion
spicy carrot vinaigrette
3 apples cored and peeled
1 teaspoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons powdered mustard
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 lemon, remove seeds
1. In a medium pot add 1/2 cup water, apples and lemon.
2. Simmer until apples are soft. Drain water and remove lemon.
3. Add brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and mustard.
4. Blend well in a food processor or blender and keep in refrigerator until needed.
1 red onion
1 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1. Cut onion into quarters.
2. Mix vinegar, sugar and pickling spice. Then add onion and let sit for at least 4 days.
Spicy Carrot Vinaigrette:
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 cup carrot juice
4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon sriracha
1/4 cup olive oil
sea salt to taste
In a blender or food processor mix all together until smooth.
Find More of Rory's Tips & Recipes at:
Boot Hill Saloon & Grill
909 Vega Blvd. Vega