CANYON –- A Producers Preplant Decisions Workshop will be held February 26 at the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service Kuhlman Center, 200 N. Brown Road, Canyon.
“Our speakers will provide producers with helpful information for critical preplanting decisions,” said Dr. J.D. Ragland, AgriLife Extension agriculture and natural resources agent for Randall County.
The meeting will begin with registration at 8:30 a.m. and the program at 9 a.m. The fee is $10, payable at the door. Those planning to attend should preregister before noon Feb. 25 by calling the AgriLife Extension office for Randall County at 806-468-5543.
Topics and speakers for the morning program will be:
- Estimating Soil Fertility Requirements for Sorghum and Corn, Dr. Robert Schwartz, U.S. Department of Agriculture-Agricultural Research Service soil scientist at Bushland.
- Critical Decisions for Irrigated Cotton Production, Dr. Louis Baumhardt, USDA-ARS soil scientist at Bushland.
- Recommended Sorghum Varieties for Both Dryland and Irrigated, Dr. Calvin Trostle, AgriLife Extension agronomist, Lubbock.
- Sorghum Yield Under Dryland, Supplemental and Full Irrigation, Schwartz.
- Suggested Seeding Rates at Planting, Trostle.
- Top Dressing Wheat, Trostle.
Lunch will be at 12:30 p.m. and include a discussion of in-depth result demonstrations. The program will offer three Texas Department of Agriculture general continuing education units for private applicators.
Copyright 2014 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.