Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
Station Name & Mailing Address: KAMR-TV
1015 S. Fillmore St.
Amarillo, TX 79101
Position reports to title: KAMR Chief Engineer
If interested, mail or email resume to: email@example.com
Work hours schedule: TBD
Full Time: No
Exempt (not eligible for over time): No
Non-exempt (eligible for over time): Yes
Part time: Yes and Number hours per week: 30
Brief description of duties & responsibilities:
1. Maintains broadcast technology and equipment for the station.
2. Minimizes equipment and/or system failures by implementing preventative maintenance solutions.
3. Implements instructions and requests from Chief Engineer.
4. Assists with setup and operates equipment during live remote broadcasts.
5. Communicates with members of the Engineering team to effectively resolve equipment and system issues.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Work experience and education required for position:
1. Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience preferred.
2. Fluency in English.
3. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
4. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
5. Experience with Master Control operations, live production setups and broadcasts, A/V routing and patching, audio equipment, graphics systems and editing systems is preferred.
6. Experience with digital transmitters, microwave equipment, and other broadcast-related equipment is preferred.
7. Proficiency with computers and PC/MS Office experience.
Special Skills Required:
1. Must be highly motivated, detail oriented and work well under limited supervision.
2. Able to work with other departments including Master Control, News, Production and Sales.
3. Punctuality, dependability with a strong willingness to learn and apply knowledge and experience.
4. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize accordingly.
5. Team player.
Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you have any questions, contact Terri Bush, Director Human Resources