(KFOR) The number of kids getting their hands on liquid nicotine used to refill e-cigarettes and being rushed to the emergency room grows each year.
Ren Gaulrapp's 4- year-old happens to be one of them.
Her son was supposed to be taking a nap, when he snuck into her bedroom and got his hands on a small vial of liquid nicotine she uses to refill her e-cigarettes.
"We hear a little noise, come in and he has taken the lid off of all of them and has this liquid everywhere. He`s got it all over him. He`s been eating it," says Gaulrapp. "The liquid itself is very sweet. There`s not really anything in it in the lower nicotine levels that are going to discourage a child from wanting to play in them."
He vomited all day and then suffered painful withdrawal symptoms.
Copyright 2014 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.