1 cup uncooked rice or quinoa
1/2 cup salsa
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
2-3 tomatoes, diced
Other additions: onion, green onion, bell pepper, avocado/guacamole, cheese, cilantro
1. Cook rice (directions here).
2. While rice is cooking, prep your veggies and make the creamy chipotle sauce.
3. When rice is cooked, stir in salsa.
4. Begin layering your bowl: start with rice, then black beans, vegetables and chicken.
5. Drizzle the creamy chipotle sauce on top and enjoy! Serves 4-6.
Creamy Chipotle Sauce
½-1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
1 chipotle in adobo sauce
1/2 tsp. adobo sauce
1. Scrape away the seeds from the chipotle with a knife (use caution when handling chipotle and wash your hands when done).
2. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
3. Taste and adjust seasonings/consistency as necessary.
Tips: if the sauce is too thick, thin it out with more lime juice, or olive oil. If it's too thin, add more Greek yogurt. If you like a touch of sweetness, add some honey/agave.
Adapted from The Garden Grazer
1 1/2 cups corn
Romaine lettuce, chopped
Creamy chipotle sauce (recipe below)
1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
1-2 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1/8 tsp. cumin
Copyright 2014 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.