AMARILLO -- Bishop Patrick J. Zurek is blessing and there will be a dedication of the new Parish Family Center at Our Lady of Guadalupe Church, at 1210 Southeast 11th Street.
The blessing will be followed by a Mass in the church. This is the first new building on the Our Lady of Guadalupe campus since 1949.
The Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish Family Center encompasses 6,500 square feet.
Features of the new building include:
- A full kitchen, including a wash area;
- A reception/gathering area, which will seat 500;
- A storage closet;
- Mens and Womens bathrooms;
- A conference room, able to seat 35;
- A sound room, with storage space; and,
- A gift shop with storage space.
In addition to parish activities, the new Parish Family Center will also be used for the annual Las Fiestas de Amarillo and will be rented out for community events, such as Quinceañeras and weddings.
Copyright 2014 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.