Job Title: Assistant Chief Engineer
Station Name & Mailing Address: KAMR-TV
1015 S. Fillmore St.
Amarillo, TX 79101
Position reports to title: KAMR Chief Engineer
If interested, mail or email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Work hours schedule: Mon-Thur 7:30am-6:30pm with 1hr Lunch Break
Full Time: Yes
Exempt (not eligible for over time): No
Non-exempt (eligible for over time): Yes
Part time __ and Number hours per week __
Brief description of duties & responsibilities:
1. Troubleshoot, preventive maintenance and repair of broadcast equipment.
2. Utilize and maintain electronic ticket system for daily equipment trouble reports.
3. Installation and maintenance of equipment at both studio and transmitter site.
4. Research, recommend and purchasing of repair parts and supplies.
5. Setup, maintain and troubleshoot computer and network equipment.
6. Travel for setup and broadcast of live sporting events as needed.
7. Assist the Chief Engineer with all projects as needed.
Work experience and education required for position:
1. Candidate should have 5 years experience as a television broadcast Engineer.
2. Technical degree in electronics or related field experience.
3. Fluency in English.
4. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
5. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
6. Knowledge of STL/TSL, ENG, DNG, DSNG, IT, C/Ku-Band Satellites, SAT Truck, Live multi-camera broadcasts (telethons, sporting events, etc.) and DTV Transmitters is preferred.
7. Master Control and Production operations experience.
8. Experience with computer / news room systems with network attached storage preferred.
9. Proficiency with computers, operating systems and MS Office experience.
10. SBE certification preferred.
Special Skills Required:
1. Must be highly detail oriented and work well under limited supervision.
2. Able to work with other departments including Master Control, News, Production and Sales.
3. Punctuality, dependability and willingness to respond to emergency calls 24 hours a day.
4. Team player with management and leadership skills.
5. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize accordingly.
6. Willingness to learn and apply knowledge and experience.
Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you have any questions, contact Terri Bush, Director Human Resources