AMARILLO -- The BBB honors winners of their annual Integrity Awards at a luncheon on Thursday.
The Integrity Awards include the BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics; Students of Integrity Awards and the Excellence in Community Service Award.
Seven companies are recipients of the 2013 Torch Awards for Marketplace Ethics are:
- Affiliated Foods, Inc.
- Austin Distributing
- Barnes Jewelry, Inc.
- Gower & Company Insurance
- Griggs-Schooler-Gordon Funeral Directors
- Martin-Tipton Pharmacy LLC
- McCormick Company
The Students of Integrity Awards honor high school students through a scholarship competition who personify ethics in their academic activities, leadership responsibilities, community service, home, church and work environments. Recipients each receive a $1,000 college scholarship.
The 2013 Students of Integrity Recipients are:
- Ian Cannon, Bushland High School
- Madeline Clark, Highland Park High School
- Harlee Cogdell, Silverton High School
- Kimberly Gibson, Fort Elliott High School
- Lauren Little, Claude High School
- Julian Martinez, Bovina High School
- Kelli Perkins, Vega High School
- Brennan Pierce, Childress High School
- Isaiah Smith, Tascosa High School
- Jessica Walker, Tulia High School
BBB announced the Excellence in Community Service Recipient as Cpl. Jerry Neufeld of the Amarillo Police Department.
Copyright 2013 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.