AMARILLO -- Amarillo Firefighters were called out early Sunday morning to a duplex fire on the 7200 block of Montague.
Officials say the fire started in the living room of the two-story duplex. The fire spread from the windows on the first floor to the exterior of the second floor.
The fire caused $30,000 in damage to the duplex. There was heavy fire damage to the living room and heavy smoke damage throughout the involved side of the duplex. There was a light amount of smoke damage to the uninvolved side of the duplex.
The Fire Marshal's Office responded and determined the cause of the fire was accidental. Red Cross responded to assist the occupants of the homes.
Copyright 2013 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.