Cooking with Rocky: Pulled Pork Stuffed Peaches
- 6 oz Pulled Pork; prepared
- 1 Pork Shoulder
- ½ cup Dry Rub; (Rocky uses: kosher salt, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika in nearly equal parts.)
- Smoke/Oven Roast at 210F for approx. 10-12 hours. Rest 1 hour before pulling.
- 4 Peaches
- 1 cup Coleslaw; prepared
- ¼ cup Peach BBQ Sauce
- 2 Peaches; peeled/seeded
- ¼ Onion; diced
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 8 oz Ketchup
- 3 oz Brown Sugar
- 1 Lime; juice
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Prepare the pulled pork per recipe approx. 10-12 hours ahead so that it’s timed to be ready when you plan to serve.
2. With skin-on, remove the pit, and grill both sides for approx. 3 min. on high heat.
3. In sauce pot, saute onion in butter.
4. Once onions are soft, add remaining ingredients and heat to incorporate.
5. Blend smooth with blender or stick blender.
6. Refrigerate if desired.
7. Top each peach half with pork, slaw, and a spoon of sauce!