crosby, Texas -
"Bored teenagers and social media add up to a painful outcome for a 14 year old boy here in Crosby."
"I was scared."
What started as a game here in crosby turned into anything but child's play.
14-year-old Michael Symonette is happy to be home after suffering second degree burns.
He was playing the fire challenge game.
This youtube video shows the disturbing national trend where young people set themselves on fire using rubbing alcohol.
"He got in. He set himself on fire right there."
Michael's sister showed us where the fire started.
With her and other siblings watching -- he used this bottle of rubbing alcohol but they didn't run the water quickly enough.
Michael ran out of the shower with his stomach on fire -- his sister had to put it out with her hands.
Michael's mother wanted to show us the burns so other children could learn a lesson.
"It's not fun. It's not funny, it's not cute. I don't understand why they would want to do it. And now he's having second degree burns and he's in pain."
"Young Michael will have to wear bandages for about a month until his burns completely heal."
A Walmart customer paid back a bad parker big time with justice that…
E-cigarette explodes in California man's pocket, burning his…
A snowman built to keep the Toronto Zoo's resident panda, Da Mao,…