Firefighters provide first aid to a cat and a guinea pig after a house fire.
LUBBOCK -- Lubbock firefighters were called Monday just after 2:10 pm to a house fire in the 2200 block of 21st Street. They and EMS rescued both a cat and a guinea pig from inside. A dog from inside the home did not make it.
Firefighters and EMS were seen reviving both the cat and the guinea pig which included the use of an oxygen mask for the cat. No humans were hurt in the fire, and the Fire Marshal’s Office was called to find out how the fire started.
Officers with the City of Lubbock Animal Services were called to take the cat and the guinea pig.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.