Amarillo, Texas -
AMARILLO -- Amarillo Police arrest two people on seperate charges for violation of a protect order.
On August 31 around 9 p.m., officers responded to a reported violation of a protective order at a residence on the 1200 block of N. Polk.
As the officer drove up to what appeared to be several people arguing, one person tried to walk away.
The officer detained him and checked for a protective order. There was no protective order still in effect, but the suspect was wanted on multiple warrants from previous APD cases.
19-year-old George Anthony Riddick Jr. was wanted for the following warrants:
- bond surrender on a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon/domestic violence related,
- probation violation on a charge of possession of a controlled substance over one gram,
- for probation violation on a charge of evading in a motor vehicle,
- Bond surrender on a charge of violation of a protective order, bias based crime, and
- charging probation violation on a charge of deadly conduct by discharging a firearm.
He also had four outstanding traffic warrants. Riddick was booked into the Potter County Jail.
Around Noon on September 2, an officer saw and heard 41-year-old Allen Darrel Ward riding a bicycle, chasing, and yelling at someone as he pursued her cross the parking lot of a restaurant in the 1700 block of S. Ross. The woman took refuge in the McDonald’s.
The officer made contact with the man. He told the officer that he was trying to get his ex-girlfriend stop calling and texting him. The officer ran a check on the man and found that he had an outstanding protective order which directed that he not have contact with the woman.
Ward was arrested and booked into the Potter County Jail for violation of a protective order.
Police say Herrera began physically fighting with the officers. The…
Potter County Memorial Stadium's future is in question now that…
21 hours ago