Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Throw a Homegating Party
There is no better place to watch a football game than at the stadium, but if youre like most NFL fans, youll probably be watching the Playoffs and Super Bowl XLVIII at home with family and friends.
Just in time for the Playoffs, the NFL wants to help you bring the spirit of the stadium into your home by showing you how to throw your very own Homegating party! Complete with Gametime Bowls, hand painted wine glasses and so much more, NFL Homegating gives fans more ways to get closer to the game and celebrate their teams by turning their homes into team headquarters.
For more information, please visit: www.nflshop.com/homegating
More About Marc Payero:
Marc Payero is the Executive Chef at the NFL Offices, where he oversees food services for NFL employees (including the Commissioner) and their guests. Hes a Restaurant Associates employee who has been working on NFL account for almost 10 years. Marc is a graduate of the Art Institute of NYC (Formerly the NY Restaurant School). His passion for cooking started at a young age while working at a restaurant in Queens, NY. He has had an active role for the past two years with the Taste of NFL - and will again in 2014. The Taste of the NFL brings together some of the country's top chefs and the NFL's greatest to raise money in support of food banks. Marc is currently based in New York City.
Corn and Fire Roasted Peppers Salsa
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 Tablespoon Fire Roasted Peppers. Diced
1 Tablespoon Red onions, diced
2 cans Tomato Juice
4 cups cooked sweet corn, drained
1. In a small bowl, mix together Tomato juice, salt, black pepper, cumin, and chili powder.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together corn, peppers, onions, Toss with tomato juice and garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately. ENJOY!
Steak and Jack Cheese Fajitas
2 Pounds Skirt Steak, cut into strips
Juice of 1 Lime
1 Teaspoon black pepper
1 Teaspoon Chopped cilantro
½ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ cup Red wine vinegar
1/2 Tablespoon minced garlic
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 White onion, julienned
1 green bell pepper, julienned
1 red bell pepper, julienned
1 cup fine shredded Jack Cheese
Lime wedges for garnish
Cilantro leaves for garnish
Salt and pepper to taste
12 (12 inch) flour tortillas
1. In a baking dish combine lime juice, cumin, vinegar, 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, cilantro, black pepper and garlic. Add steak, toss in marinade and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
2. Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add remaining vegetable oil. Cook steak until desired doneness. Remove and set aside when you have cooked to your liking.
3. Allow skillet to warm up a bit further over medium low heat add onion. Cook until onions are translucent; add peppers and steak back to the skillet. Stir until well mixed, season with salt and pepper.
4. Serve steak fajitas with Jack cheese, Tortillas, lime wedges, and cilantro leaves. *Optional: Sour Cream*
5. *Optional: Guacamole (Recipe within app) ENJOY!