For many of you out there, the fall semester is on its way to winding down, but just as that happens, high school seniors should be gearing up for their college application process. The Opportunity Plan's Keith Brown has some important deadlines to keep in mind.
Each institution or organization has a deadline, so pay attention and put them on your calendar.
- WTAMU: February 1st
- Texas Tech: February 1st
- Texas A&M: February 1st
- Amarillo College: March 1st
- Wayland Baptist: March 1st
- Abilene Christian: Varies
- WTAMU considers applications for largest scholarships from applications received by December 1st
- Amarillo Area Foundation: February 15th
cannot be completed until after January 1st of student's senior year; it's based on student and parent income from previous year, so if beginning school in fall 2014, complete FAFSA after January 1, 2014 based on 2013 income information. Most grant money is awarded by institution on first come, first served basis so important to respond quickly.
Opportunity Plan, Inc.