- Learn friendly greetings.
- Learn how to join in group play or projects.
- Teach them how to make a situation better.
- Teach them how to befriend the even someone who doesn't seem to fit in.
- Teach them how to say respectful things to teachers even if it is talking about a problem.
Mary Clare's Tips for Parents:
- Learn how to be friendly and helpful via email or text.
- Share things that the teacher might find helpful.
- Be a good listener.
- Volunteer even if it is only done at home and sent back to school.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.