Kids today are focused, have incredible ideas and know how to make their voices heard.
Things kids need to foster leadership and overall health with our kids:
- Make sure to get enough sleep
- Don’t allow them to be online all night. Relate that good sleep increases focus and efficiency
- Teach respect for personal space for self and others
- Obtaining proper consent for any kind of touch
- Listen to gut feelings
- When talking to kids listen first and seek understanding, this allows kids to feel validated and respected
- Tell them they matter often
- Thank them for the positive things they do
- Showing that you notice communicates to them they are valued
- Regularly say you believe in them
- Helps build resilience and if you don’t succeed at first try again
- Be a sanctuary for your kids
- Home needs to be a safe place and refuge from the difficulties and challenges of life
Challenge: Help teens to develop courage, resilience, self-worth in order for them to be productive citizens. They are the next generation of leaders.
Trending topics of today.
2805 WEST I-40
This Friday, May 25 is #DontFryDay!