Ask the Gym:
1. What are the terms of any introductory offers?
Understand the terms and what the price will be when the introductory period is over.
2. Will my membership renew automatically?
You may have to take specific steps to cancel an automatically renewing contract.
3. How can I get out of my contract?
Understand what steps you would need to take to cancel your membership.
4. What happens if I move?
Do they have a gym nearby that your membership will transfer to?
5. What happens if you go out of business?
Ask what will happen to your money if they suddenly go out of business.
1. What are my fitness goals?
Select the right gym for you. If you have a serious health condition, consult with a medical professional when setting your fitness goals.
2. Is this location convenient?
Choose a fitness club convenient to work or home do that it is convenient to get there.
3. Can I really afford this every month?
Do the math before you join and make sure you can afford a gym membership.
4. Am I feeling pressured to join?
A reputable gym will give you time to read the contract thoroughly, tour the facilities and make an informed decision. Dont give in to high pressure.
5. Did I get everything in writing?
Read the contract carefully and make sure all verbal promises are in writing. What matters is the document you sign, so dont just take a salespersons word for it.
Better Business Bureau
720 South Tyler, Suite B112