Brunch Bagel Eggs
- ½ C chopped smoked ham or pancetta
- ½ C jalapeno or smoked bacon (optional)
- 4 bagels or a crusty hard roll
- ½ C portabella mushrooms, sliced thin
- ½ C baby spinach
- ¼ C green onion, sliced thin green and all
- ½ C smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/8 tspn kosher salt
- 1/8 tspn coarse black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saute pan, saute the mushrooms, green onions in the olive oil. Add the smoked ham and warm through. Add the baby spinach until the spinach begins to wilt.
- Slice the bagels or rolls in halves and hollow out the inside to create a cup. Place the halves on a sheet tray.
- Add your spinach mixture to the shells, forming a nest. Carefully break an egg into each cup. Season with salt and pepper. Top with shredded smoked gouda cheese. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until the whites of the eggs set. You can cook the yolks to your desired doneness.
The Holidays are a busy time! This is so easy to make for your brunch and a great option to traditional egg casseroles and quiches. You can use anything you and your family like in the bagels. Then simply top them with an egg and your favorite shredded cheese. It’s a fun, flavorful and wonderful way to enjoy your Holiday with your family.
You have the chance to take cooking classes with Chef Bud at Amarillo College. It is on Thursday, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Registration is $25 at www.actx.edu.
Creek Stone Integrated Care
3501 Sw 45th Ave
With recent high-profile deaths by suicide, this is a time to stand…
Don Tipps State Farm Insurance
2700 S Western Street