Question 1: What are easy ways to transform a spare room into a nursery?
Repaint the room:
A fresh coat of paint is the easiest way to give a room a facelift. Hardworking, stain-resistant wall paint is important to protect interior surfaces from messy little ones. Make painting your first step when upgrading your space to keep new light fixtures, furniture or flooring paint free.
· Whether you are painting the walls, ceilings or furniture, BEHR Premium Plus Ultra protects your surfaces long after the paint is dry.
· BEHR Premium Plus Ultra is easy to apply, offers optimal coverage, cleans easily with soap and water and has a sleek, long-lasting finish.
Update light fixtures:
Replacing old light fixtures instantly makes a room feel new and ensures your lighting matches your rooms new style.
· Hampton Bay lighted ceiling fans are an easy way to achieve function and style in any room.
· Hampton Bay ceiling fans are energy efficient and dependable. Each motor is guaranteed for life and covered by a warranty, ensuring your investment will last.
· Try an oil-rubbed bronze drum shade for a cohesive, modern look that will match a variety of color schemes. A fabric shade emits light through the ornamental, laser-cut drum exterior for decorative casted lighting.
· Add a fan to your space to circulate air in a nursery.
Question 2: What's going to be best on floors when baby starts crawling?
Install the right flooring:
Perfect for new parents who desire a soft surface for babies to crawl on, SoftSpring Carpet is the easy-to-maintain solution for your flooring needs.
· SoftSpring Carpet is the softest carpet available at The Home Depot and comes in 28 inviting colors and 50 options. The carpet provides a cozy, welcoming atmosphere that will complement any homes style.
· Perfect for families with little ones, the carpet is attractive, stain-resistant and tough.
· SoftSpring Carpet is covered by a lifetime stain protection warranty, as well as a 25-year warranty covering abrasive wear, texture retention, fading and manufacturer defects.
The Home Depot makes the flooring process easy for busy parents . A The Home Depot flooring expert will be available every step of the way, from selecting the carpet to securing a local contractor for installation to help parents have more time to spend with their families and enjoy their space.
Avoid damaging or staining new carpet by making flooring the last major upgrade to your room. If you do not install flooring as the final step, make sure to tape off and cover your carpet before working around it.
Question 3: Which products help ensure the nursery is a safe place for baby?
Create a safe space for baby:
Keeping family members safe is every parents priority. Installing these products in the home can help ensure babys comfort and safety.
· The Dreambaby No Tools No Screws Home Safety Kit is great for parents who wish to protect their children from household hazards without damaging existing wood surfaces. The kit contains 35 pieces, including outlet plugs, angle locks, fist door stoppers, appliance latches and secure-a-locks.
· Many baby-proofing products detract from home décor and distract from your homes style. The Stylish & Secure Wood and Metal Walk-Thru Gate prevents little ones from wandering into unsupervised areas, while complementing your homes décor. Available in various stains and finishes, Mohawk Baby Threshold Molding protects babies from sharp corners and will match any space.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.