How to get young children prepared for kindergarten:
· Develop a routine: bath, early bedtime, read a story or tell a story
· Prepare and allow for independence on your child's part
· Prepare them for socialization with others; self -regulation
· Discuss the first day as a positive experience
· Discuss the first day as a story scenario and include the child's name in the story
· Discuss the possible daily school schedule: morning activities, lunch, recess, nap, dismissal
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.