Selling Fireworks Safety

-
(KGW)  An Oregon fireworks vendor who lost his arm in a Fourth of July accident is sharing his story in hopes of helping others avoid a tragedy.

In 2010 Ray Lueders was gearing up for his family's annual barbecue and fireworks show.

"That was going to be the biggest Fourth of July celebration we've ever had," he said.

But in a blink of an eye, the night turned tragic.

Lueders was cleaning out a set of small cannons, used to launch fireworks, with a cordless drill, when one of them that was still filled with gunpowder from a New Year's Eve exploded.

More Stories

Don't Miss

  • Weather
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Studio4
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Play Games
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • At the Movies
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Follow Us
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News