- Eliminate fuel sources like dry landscaping, woodpiles and decks
- Prune trees and shrubs
- Trim taller trees so lowest branch is no less than six feet from the ground
- Remove dead leaves and branches from the yard
- Clear branches from around the roof and chimney
- Mow lawn regularly and dispose cuttings and debris promptly
- Clear roof, gutters and eaves of debris
- Maintain your irrigation systems
- Move firewood and storage tanks at least 50 feet away from the home
- Store flammable liquids properly
State Farm: If State Farm customers have any questions or damage, they should call 800-SF CLAIM to get the claims process started.If you are evacuated, your insurance company may provide an advance payment to help you with additional living expenses:
- call your insurance company for more information about your policy and additional living expenses,
- Be sure to save receipts; all receipts for your additional living expenses - lodging, etc - for your claim representative.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.