Santa Fe, New Mexico -
SANTA FE -- The New Mexico Department of Healths Clovis Public Health Office is hosting a flu shot clinic tomorrow from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Wheatfields Senior Living Community, 4701 N. Prince in Clovis.
The immunization clinics are open to the public and free of charge.
People who should get a flu shot:
- Children 6 months through 4 years of age
- Pregnant women (any trimester)
- People age 50 and older
- People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions like asthma, diabetes, lung or
- heart disease, and those who are immunocompromised
- People who live in nursing homes and other long‐term care facilities
- People who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu
- American Indians and Alaskan Natives
- People who are morbidly obese
- Healthcare and early childhood personnel
People in these groups should also consider seeing their health care provider to be evaluated
for antiviral medication if they develop flu symptoms.