- Exercise. Doctors say the best thing to do is to keep busy and get the endorphins pumping, which can make anyone feel better.
- Watch your salt and sugar. Lowering both of these in your diet helps your whole body work better, including your brain.
- Get more vitamin D. Studies have shown that a lack of vitamin D can add to the blues. Best way to get vitamin D? From the sun. So get out for short periods of time and enjoy the outdoors.
- Hang with friends or loved ones. Being around people you like can make you a happier person.
- Relax. Try a yoga class, or meditation. Research shows that even 15 minutes of meditation can cut down on stress.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.