Fire at Belwood Apartments

By Veronica Dietrich |

Published 04/12 2014 04:25PM

Updated 04/12 2014 09:16PM

Close to 30 firefighters responded to a fire at Belwood Apartments.

Officials say the apartment was occupied when the fire started.

Everyone got out safely, but not before using a portable extinguisher, and isolating the fire to a bathroom.

Police say their actions did slow down the fire.

The cause was a smoldering cigarette thrown in a trash can.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Featured Coupon


Featured Business