- Slow down - especially in bad weather, construction areas, heavy traffic and unfamiliar areas.
- Eliminate distractions while driving, including the usage of mobile devices.
- Buckle up everyone in the vehicle - its the law.
- Don't drive fatigued, and allow plenty of time to reach your destination.
- Drive defensively, as holiday travel may present additional challenges.
- Make sure your vehicle is properly maintained before your trip begins.
- Slow down or move over for tow trucks and police, fire, EMS and TxDOT vehicles stopped on the side of the road with emergency lights activated - its the law.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.